This easy light salad is great for all cauliflower fans. Serving four, this recipe is effortless and is perfect for vegetarians and vegans. It is gluten-free, low carb, sugar-free, and low fat! This recipe is definitely one to try. Enjoy!
1 cup Gefen Organic Chickpeas or canned (drained and patted dry)
¼ cup finely chopped unblanched almonds
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Tuscanini Fine Sea Salt
Freshly ground Gefen Pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (add more to taste)
¼ cup moist, dark raisins
1 large head cauliflower
1.Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower. Cut it in half from top to bottom and them crosswise into quarters. There are various ways to grate cauliflower: You can use the largest holes on a box grater, a Microplane grater with large holes or the grating blade of a food processor. Place cauliflower in a large bowl.
2. Add the chickpeas, almonds, herbs, and raisins.
3. Finely grate the zest of one lemon over the tabbouleh and then squeeze in the juice while tossing the salad lightly with a fork.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss.
5. Taste the salad and add more salt, pepper, lemon zest/juice, or oil to taste.
6. Serve the salad or cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.